The course includes a comprehensive range of catalogues and handbooks from all major bearing manufacturers, ensuring that course participants receive complete, objective training.
The training course work book is designed to enable course participants to actively engage in the training and to record information about the fitting of any bearing to any application.
The eight-hour course is designed for a maximum of six participants and includes training in:
- Housing specifications
- Bearing housing components
- Measurement of bearing housing and shaft locking element hub bores using micrometers
- Measurement of shaft diameters using micrometers
- Bearing part number identification
- Measurement of bearing internal clearances using feeler gauges
- Mounting and dismounting bearings onto shafts using hydraulics
- Lubrication standards
- Measuring the flatness of the base plate using a straight edge and feeler gauge to relevant standard